FACTS:
- I was never asked to prom
- I've never had a real boyfriend
- I think men are beautiful
- I've Never gone on a date
- I AM 24.
It's very easy to get caught up in wanting a man, the Bible speaks of it:
"To the woman he said,
I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." - Genesis 3:16
I often watch young women throw themselves at men. I mean going to the EXTREMES to get noticed, the EXTREMES to be validated, the EXTREMES to be loved. I remember praying to God and saying that all I wanted and needed was Him, that I was content.
BOOM!
You'd think since I've been single so long, I'd be an expert at contentment.
BUT NO!
So here comes the..
TEST!
I get to work and there is a beautiful man in rotation and just like that I was GOT! What did I do? I turned my game on.
"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." - Proverbs 31:30
Fortunately, he left early and I realized that I had fantasized over a man for 6 hours.
I WAS THIRSTY
I repented and snapped out of fantasy land.
I got to work the next day and
BOOM!
A fine peanut butter man with a pretty smile is in rotation and I'm like UGH! Usually the peanut butter man is rude but he was really nice to me that day. He was carrying conversations with me and I started to slip. Fortunately, he left early too. But , before He left.. He asked, "So, Miss DeLisa are you a religious lady." I replied, " I get down with Jesus."
I repented and snapped out of fantasy land.
I didn't go to any extremes to catch the attention of these men, but my mind was constantly conjuring up ideas. The truth is, if we'd stop thirsting for men and thirst for God; we won't have to go to any extremes to be noticed, validated or loved because He pursues us. He is jealous for us. He's the only one that can quench your thirst.
Psalm 63 1-8
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
4
So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
5
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
6
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
8
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
THIRST for HIM > him
No comments:
Post a Comment