Saturday, January 4, 2014

Focus on the Vision





 
 
(Vision Board I created in my Pinky Promise Group)
 
At 23, I've yet to be in a relationship and since the holidays just past, it seems like everyone wants to know when I'm getting married. My facebook updates and instagram time line is filled with people getting engaged or married and it had me in a rut for all of 2 weeks. I started longing and praying for a man ...

AND then I got distracted...


I started seeing things I wanted to change in my life, dreams I wanted to chase and in that instant my career presided over this desire of having a man. Even though I will continue to desire a man, I currently desire to achieve my dreams first. I thought keep randoms around would keep me occupied in my singleness but I've learned they are nothing but an unnecessary distraction.

This year I will focus on the vision I was given and stop wasting my time with distractions and firmly believe that one day my hubby will come along!


"And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. " Habakkuk 2:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment