Monday, July 29, 2013

Radical for God



My earthly father crushed my spirit, when he questioned the reason I blogged. I tried to explain that I used it to share ideas and what God has done for me. He bombarded me with questions and he told me how irrelevant it was and how I was using it for social media reasons. He said there was no point in this and it angered me and I haven't felt rage in a long time.

So, I ran to the bathroom and told God that no matter the hurt I felt that I'd follow Him and not some man who clearly doesn't know what God is doing in my life. My soul cringes when I replay the words my father said to me in my head. I know that if I have hate in my heart I can not be righteous, but it hurts. And then I remembered :

1 Timothy 4:12 says this, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

It's time for me to take up my cross.

It's time to stop playing games

It's time to get radical for God

No comments:

Post a Comment