Friday, June 14, 2013

Do You Love the Woman In the Mirror?

 Lets take a good look at the woman in the mirror

When you wake up in the morning, are you eager to cover up your imperfections with make up? Or maybe when you get dressed your words are filled with negative self talk? Like:
  • Oh my gosh, I'm too fat for this
  • I hate the way I look
  • Why can't I just be like ____? (fill in the blank)
  •  
Understand that God created YOU  to be YOU!  Psalms 139:14 says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well." You are masterpiece crafted by God. Yes you are the bomb but its not your external features that make you explosive. 1 Peter 3:3-6 says, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."

The media attacks our minds daily bombarding us with messages on how we should look,feel, dress... EVERYTHING. But remember we are not of this world and do NOT have to submit to the world's standards.  [John 18:36] Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

We are NOT of this world therefore we do not have to look like them. When you look into the mirror know that God loves you more than you can EVER imagine just the way you are.  You are more than your physical apperance .. you are a beautiful soul darling :)




No comments:

Post a Comment