Friday, June 14, 2013

Ways I like to Spend Time With God : Date Night inspired by Heather Lindsey


Growing up I was passionate for God in certain seasons; however when I wasn't in a spiritual season ... I did my own thing. In college, some of my employees at the time were really into a Christian Blogger named Heather Lindsey.  Of course, they asked me to read her blogs, so I gave it a shot. Because I wasn't seeking God at the time, I found Heather Lindsey to be EXTREME and I was a little turned off by it.

But now that seeking God is a daily goal, I have a better understanding of where she is coming from. I often refer to her as my big sister even though I don't know her but hey we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.  Right? But, something Heather shared in her Blog was date night!

Check it out:

http://heatherllindsey.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-spend-time-with-god.html#.UbrTA9g8xQU

I love date night. I get dressed up and God and I will go out somewhere and do something and I'll talk or journal to him .. just me and my Creator. It may sound odd to go places to eat , drink coffee, or watch movies by yourself  BUT... if you aren't comfortable in your OWN company ...having a plus one will not make it much  better. You've got to love yourself  to love someone else. And to love yourself , you should start with the One who loves you the MOST! 

 Diggin' Heather Lindsey?

*Follow her on twitter : @HeatherLLove

*Sign up for daily inspirational text messages. Text 84464 & write PINKYPROMISE for daily inspiration 


  *I'm currently reading her BOOK Check it out here: Pink Lips & Empty Hearts:  www.PinkLipsAndEmptyHearts.com

*You can join a Pinky Promise group locally! There's about 13,000 ladies that have joined! Find a group near you by joining & checking out the intro page! Join here:www.PinkyPromiseMovement.com

*Also, you can purchase cool stuff at her store :
Pinky Promise Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment