In a previous blog, I mentioned how I was fasting from drinking. Well, lets just say I messed up. I was hanging out with some old friends and I slipped. I ended up falling back into the trap of last summer. I didn't get drunk but I started mixing juice and Ever clear together and I was feeling great. I felt so great that at close to midnight I called my attractive guy friend over. Oh yes I was doing the most. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary but I never call him, he always calls me; so he figured something was up. I sang most of my words and did little dances to everything. I was buzzed.
In the morning, I felt horrible. I felt like a disgrace to God. How could it be that last summer, I got drunk all the time and never felt convicted and now, I get a little tipsy and I feel worthless. My conviction set in and I begged God for His grace and mercy. Still feeling uncomfortable with myself, I went to the book store and I found a book called Growing In Grace. An excerpt from the book really resonated with me.
When Bob was asked what it meant to be a child of God. He answered, "It means that I'm totally acceptable to You, Lord. That all my sins are forgiven, even this one. And that I stand in the righteousness of Christ. He is in me and I am in Him."
Every minute of everyday of every second, We need God and it is Him who knows that we will always fall short of His Glory but that is why he sent Jesus to die for us. Yippieee! I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit for convicting me but I'm even more glad that my Heavenly Father doesn't hang it over my head. I love knowing that he loves me and accepts me for who I am and even when I do wrong He welcomes me with open arms. He is so awesome and He loves you so much!
& that alone is a reason to celebrate

No comments:
Post a Comment