Friday, June 7, 2013

Life of A Sola : Live, Love , Learn & always T R U S T God

Today is the 7th! A day I acknowledge the survival of a “special” friendship. I’ve often asked God to change me from keeping people at a distance and allow me to have a true friend. Well, I thought my prayers had been answered but my feelings got ahead of themselves. Wholeheartedly, I want to trust God in this but I don’t understand what my heavenly Father is doing and why my heart aches.


You see, after spending time talking to someone of the opposite sex every day for months I started to think it was going somewhere.  But, the truth is he kept me around for comfort, to fill the void of his ex.  I started to believe I was a complete joke.  He kept me around just to keep him company because he no longer had her to cling to. Once I realized what was going on , I bashed her. Yeah, horrible! I was like, “ She looks like a dragon , I’m a major UPGRADE.”  You know those awful things girls say when they are jealous. The truth is she’s beautiful and talented. She’s just as fearfully and wonderfully made as I am and I need to get over myself.  It just hurts  to feel this way …for nothing.
BUT  it got me to thinking…


Being a Sola (single woman) is a time where one should get to know herself.  A Sola should understand what they want and like and be comfortable within herself.  A Sola does not need a man to bring out the best in her, she is already the best.  Instead of searching for someone to complete her, she should use her singleness to better herself.  You cannot benefit from a relationship unless you know who you are. So many people are searching for love but fail to love themselves and learning to love yourself is a lesson that is taught by your Creator.  Surrender to God because He can show you how to love you but you must trust Him.  Words are not enough. Spend time with him, allow Him to stroke your ego with compliments, allow him to bathe you in His admiration. Accepting  God’s love is one of the greatest things one can do. We are not worthy of His grace and mercy but yet  He continues to bless us because He loves us.  Often times , I just cry thinking about how unworthy I am of God’s grace.
With that being said I asked myself, “What do I need a man for?”  I wanted someone to admire me, hold me, comfort me, be there for me if I need anything, surprise me, love me, care for me. I wanted a companion a friend. I soon realized that I could do all of that on my own. The date nights, surprises, adventures I could do that on my own and the person I needed to get closest too was the one who had never left my side,God. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that we don’t need companionship and that we should all be alone with God. I’m saying that we should allow God to write our love story. God desires a relationship with us and if you want to have a Great Relationship, why not learn from the creator of relationships.


               
  As a Sola you are the Queen of Kings.  No matter how men have treated you in the past, sit firmly on your throne. Never lower your standards or degrade other women. We must empower and uplift each other because there are plenty of things in the world created to  tear us down.  When men hurt you, don’t dwell on it too long allow God to mend your broken heart and forgive. Step into God’s Will and accept what he has for you because it is nothing short of greatness. God loves you and you are truly a queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment