Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mission Accomplished : One Time for the Lord!


As I have stated before, I'm known to be one of those high-energy party people. When its time to "turn up" ... I'm that girl ...but NOT anymore.

I kept telling God that I wanted His Will and that I wanted to be the woman He had called me to be
It was time for me to be tested

WHEN: I got the PARTY invitation


I wanted to see my sorority sisters and just hang out , so I agreed to go but promised myself                     NO  Drinking and NO Smoking

 I have slipped up before but I wasn't about to slip up again so I filled my large pink water bottle with water and headed to the apartment. I greeted everyone as I always did... 
I was slightly nervous that I'd be asked a million questions as to why I wasn't smoking or drinking, so before I left I prayed to God to help me. 
&& HE DID!

Once I was offered substances, I simply  refrained and jokingly said, "I  can't , I'll just  sip on my Holy Water." They laughed but understood. They were curious as to what had brought about the  change and I told them that I was fasting from alcohol and other substance for God. The party that was all about "Turnin' up"  had shifted to the topic of religion and different churches people had been too. God became the center of the conversation. One of my sorority sisters even pulled me to the side, simply because she wanted to know more about Jesus and how to study the Bible.

It's amazing what God can do if you are faithful to Him. Worry less about yourself and who you use to be and focus on who you are in Christ. Allow God to mold you into the person He wants you to be and stop making excuses NOT to change. Everyday we live is a gift from God and He is worthy of so much more than we give Him.Give back to God what is already His!

You belong to Him!




No comments:

Post a Comment