Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Sunday :)

I Chronicles 28

David to Solomon

Instructed to Build the Temple

“And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house as the sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.”


David instructed Solomon to acknowledge God in all that he did ! A Father's walk with God should set the standard for his family. Men should be the spiritual leaders of the home. Serving God is something the next generation should see in us and not depart from it. We should serve God with a COMPLETENESS.

 If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. Currently, I'm in a state of silence in which I dont know what God is doing but I know that I need to stop being so distracted by every little thing and simply focus on Him. Today's message encouraged me to KEEP SEEKING God because I know that I'll find Him because He NEVER left me. 

Each one of us have a purpose in God and the reason we have life is to find that purpose in Him. We've got to die to ourselves to serve God wholeheartedly.

At altar call, the pastor told the two beautiful women standing that though it was Father's Day Sunday that godly men need godly women and that we should pray for our future husbands. The funny thing is that my friend and I had already decided that for 31 days we were going to pray for our future husbands. I thought it was super cute.  Funny how God works, He's so awesome :)


No comments:

Post a Comment